In an effort to expand Parasport programming to currently underserved communities across Nova Scotia, Sport Nova Scotia is launching the Sport Nova Scotia Parasport Program Loan!
The Parasport Program Loan is available to eligible organizations and offers an avenue for Community Sport Organizations to deliver Parasport programs on a trial basis in communities around the province.
Successful applicants will receive all required equipment, volunteer training and program guides for 1 of 6 available Parasports to run a 6 week trial program in their community, at no cost to them. The hope is that this new program will increase the number of Parasport programs available around the province by reducing the barriers involved with purchasing equipment and gaining leadership knowledge in sports that are new to a region.
What Is Included in the Loans?
- Full set of equipment for the sport
- Program plan with individual session plans for a 6 week introductory program
- Leadership training for staff/ volunteers
- Next steps on how to continue the program if the trial is successful (connection to PSO, how to apply for Parasport Funding for permanent equipment, NCCP certification, etc.)
Goals of the Program Loan
- Increase the number of Parasport programs available around the province, with a focus on rural areas
- Increase the exposure and awareness of Parasport’s around the province
- Increase participation in Parasport around the province
What Sports Are Available to Loan?
- Para Hockey
- Wheelchair Basketball
- Wheelchair Curling
- Wheelchair Tennis
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Community Sport Organizations (CSO’s)
- Ex. Minor Hockey Association, etc.
- Non Profit Organizations Involved in Parasport
- ex. YMCA, Easter Seals, etc.
How to Apply?
- Visit https://sportnovascotia.ca/funding-programs-and-eligibility/ and review eligibility criteria for the “Parasport Program Loan” funding opportunity
- Email Zach at email@example.com for an application form
- Collect required information such as staffing and facility availability, and complete application form.
- Successful applicants will be notified and sent terms and conditions to sign, following which training and equipment drop off will be scheduled